History of the Firm
Giddens, Bennett & Company, P.C. Certified Public Accountants was founded in Cochran, Georgia, in 1971. John M. Giddens, III, CPA and H. Robert Bennett, Jr. CPA are the current stockholders of the Firm.
Mr. Giddens and Mr. Bennett received their accounting degrees from Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia.
The shareholders have been involved with the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Giddens served as President of the Georgia Society of Public Accountants in 1995-1996 and on the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Council from 1994-1997. Mr. Bennett has served the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants on the Peer Review Committee and is a past president of the Heart of Georgia Chapter of the GSCPA.
Both Mr. Giddens and Mr. Bennett have collectively served their community in various capacities through the Cochran-Bleckley Chamber of Commerce, Cochran Rotary Club, Middle Georgia College Foundation, Communities in Schools and church. Their philosophy is to give back to the community in which they have been blessed to live and work.
Since its inception, the Firm has strived to maintain high ethical and quality standards in the practice of public accounting. The Firm provides tax, accounting, audit, consulting services to individuals, businesses and local governmental units.
To provide traditional and innovative accounting services of exceptional value and superior quality to those we serve in a way that:
Recognizes the Client as our most important asset.
Foster a partnership with our staff enabling them to reach and contribute to their full potential.
Fulfills the highest standards of our profession, our clients and the public and continually strives to set and uphold the highest ethical standards.
Ensures healthy, sustained and mutually profitable growth.
Provides rewards to our staff and owners for their effort, excellence and innovation.
So that we enable all clients, employees and owners to meet their goals and thereby service society.
Our Objectives - And How We Achieve Them
Our first objective is to be the best CPA firm in the areas we serve by helping our clients obtain maximum profits. We achieve this objective by dedicating ourselves to these four principles:
- Quality service. We hire only competent people, train them fully, evaluate them regularly. We encourage continued training and specialization. We strive to develop each employee's professional abilities to the maximum.
- Timely service. To be of highest quality to our clients, our service must meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Growth. We seek reputable clients. Our success depends on their success. We will continue to become skilled in new areas, to recommend needed additional services for existing clients and to create new services for our Firm.
- Personal fulfillment. We hire people who are personally compatible with the firm. We look for employees who are self starters. We encourage freedom of expression, so long as it doesn't infringe on other employees' rights. We encourage personal growth.
- Giddens, Bennett & Company, P.C.
- 106 First Street
- Cochran, GA 31014
- Telephone: (478) 934-7642
- Fax: (478) 934-0849
- Email: email@example.com